Star Wars : The Last Jedi movie review

My boyfriend and I went to see the movie last night. The movie was splendid. In our opinion, episode 8 was better than episode 7. I`ll explain why.


                                                                 SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!

 If you haven`t seen it yet, you better NOT read this article.

 So basically, there were fewer desert views and fight scenes on the ground. There were more close character scenes where you could analyse their specific behaviour. It was more self-explanatory, yet interesting. There were also incredible scenes with Kylo Ren and Rey. Their subtle romance from The force awakens now furthers. There is this very intense and romantic scene where the palms of their hand touch. And you know me - I`m a sucker for a good romance story. And it was meant to be a romantic fantasy from the beginning with the proportions of ancient Greek romance myths, it was meant to be epic, according to the director. And, I have to say, the last episode is just this - epic and it also quickly grew on me. It became my favourite episode so far. And there`s a lot of reasons why. Not only it appeals emotionally to a lot of people but one can truly appreciate all the great work all the people behind the movie has put so it became such a great movie.
 Of course, I can`t fail to mention the unfortunate death of one of the crew members - Carrie Fisher. It pains my heart what happened to her. With nostalgia, I watched her act and I kept saying to myself that this woman will be remembered as part of something truly epic and big that inspires and affects a lot of people. Something that creates a good experience for all of us. This role was the most emblematic for her. In the end of the episode, she`s still alive, although there is a scene where she almost dies.
 Another very interesting character is Kylo Ren...
Remember his atrocious mask? Well, there`s very good news. He breaks it in a fit of rage. And like I said, the sexual tension between him and Rey is so much and fans even have published a video on youtube with songs from Fifty Shades of Grey. I can`t blame them. And, besides there are certain parallels between the two couples. He`s powerful, now that he has killed Snoke, the leadership of the Empire has fallen on him. He tries to persuade Rey to come with him and rule along with him. She refuses. See what I mean? She`s decided on the light side. He`s decided on the dark side. Or is he? Rey still has hopes for him. But who knows...
All the more reasons I can`t wait until the next episode. 

Коментари

Популярни публикации от този блог

Никога !!!